Monday, June 20, 2016

Hey Orlando! Here I come!

I am making the trip to Orlando for ALA Annual and I am SUPER excited! This will be the first Annual conference that I am able to attend and I truly look forward to it. I have attended mid-winter twice before, once in Philadelphia and once in Chicago. Both times left lasting memories that I look back on fondly.

I have to admit, I am a bit nervous. About one part of the conference in particular. The part where I have to speak, in front of people. I've always been a nervous public speaker but I am hoping that I can get through this without everyone hearing my voice shake and my eyes darting all over the place. I am grateful that a friend of mine will be attending the session with me. It'll be nice to see a familiar face in the crowd.

SO. Which session am I speaking at?

Committee on Professional Ethics Presents "No Room at the Library: The Ethics of Diversity"

The link of which can be found HERE.
The session will take place on Sunday, June 26th from 1-2:30 p.m.

The country will live in is becoming more and more diverse. Some places more than others. And it is important to be able to continue offering our services without discrimination. Something which can happen unintentionally, especially when we are unaware of the patrons wants/needs. And what better way to serve our patrons than to learn more about them.

Will you be attending Annual? Is this session on your to-visit list?

If so, come say hi! We dont bite :)

*Time from writing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment