Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Calligraphy Program!

Its been a while since my last post, but I have a lot to share so I will be splitting them up!

First things first, my Calligraphy Program!

I've played with this for a couple of months and finally decided to go for it. I hit up Google searching for Calligraphers in the area and found two. I reached out to the first person who came up and while he did professional Calligraphy, he had never taught a class before. The second person I reached out to does Calligraphy but was also an Art major and taught middle/high school for 5 years. She was as excited as I was to offer this program!

I set my date for Thursday, February 15th at 7:00 p.m. I set my limit for 18 people with a wait list of 10. Both filled within 3 weeks. While the program was originally geared towards 18 - 35 year olds, I eventually opened it up because I was paying for the program and wanted to fill as many seats as possible.

I purchased THESE Calligraphy markers off of amazon. 

Printed out the worksheets the presenter wanted and was all set! 
Find a good one HERE.

(Each seat had a set of worksheets and a pen they took home)

I had 14 people show up even though I sent out email reminders and made phone calls. While it is not the 18 I would have preferred. I was happy with the result.




(sample videos!)

Overall, I felt like people had a great time. It was fun walking around and see attendees take those up and down strokes. To hear laughter as they realized that it wasn't as easy as it looked but still enjoying themselves. And at the end, having them say that they had a great time and are glad they came! 

Now, enjoy some photos!


(listening to instructions)

(millennials!)

(working hard)

(some more pointers)

(PRACTICE)

(MAKES)

(PERFECT)

(Proud of their work!)


2 comments:

  1. I would not have thought of this, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've realized over the past couple of years that people really enjoy arts and crafts. So trying to touch on different kinds :)

      Delete