Friday, July 15, 2016

Review - The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith aka J. K. Rowling

When this book came out 3 years ago, I intended to read it. Even though I was a bit disappointed (okay, very disappointed) by The Casual Vacancy. It was J. K. Rowling, and no matter what, I would always read (or should I say, attempt to read) all of her books.

However, as weeks turned into months into years after the release followed by two other releases, I still had not read it. Until we decided at my 20 something book group that it was time.

Some complained that the book started off slow, not realizing that was J. K. Rowlings writing style. She starts off by building the setting, the plot, the introduction of the characters before finally taking off and you find yourself soaring across her words. Her sentences playing in your head filled with images like a movie.

Whenever I stepped away from the book and found myself thinking about it, it was always in the image of a screen playing in my head. The characters were alive, filled with detail and color. I could see them in my minds eye.

I found myself racing to finish the book making guesses of who the murderer was. And of course by the end of the novel I saw how very wrong I was throughout the novel.

If you are looking for a high speed, detail oriented, murder mystery novel. Pick this up, but do it when you have time, because its going to be so hard for you to put it back down!

No comments:

Post a Comment